Friday, September 12, 2008

Committed

Psalm 37:5,6

"Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will do this:
He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
the justice of your cause like the noonday sun."

IN PLAIN ENGLISH
Commitment and trust go hand-in-hand. The word "commit" here means to make a decision that is from the heart and one in which there is an establishment of trust - trust that God can and will care for me more than and better than I can do for myself.

The second half is a promise that He will protect and provide for me - on time and faithfully. The dawn comes everyday, regardless of the circumstances or feelings I'm facing. The noonday sun shines down and creates growth and burns away the fog that works to conceal and confuse.

AS FOR ME
Commitment is two sided. The Father is not going to require me to act in faith without rewarding me. He understands my struggles and weaknesses. Funny, my love language is appreciation. God demonstrates that with every step I take (no matter how large or small). I just have to recognize it!!

No comments: