Friday, March 26, 2010

Catching up...

ok, so I haven't been on the blog in quite a while (over a year in fact). It hasn't totally been because I've stopped my devotions and growing. It has been a struggle, I'm not going to lie. There have been seasons that I've grown stale. Always keeping my heart soft and working towards obedience, just allowing life to get in the way.

However, the strongest reason I've not been journaling is because I got blocked out of doing it at work and my home computer was down. When it did get repaired, I had cancelled my internet (no reason to keep it if I couldn't use it) and then had to get it all back up and running. That was a couple of months ago and to be honest, I just got out of the habit.

But the Lord has been dealing with me on getting back into my old habits (for lack of a better word) so that I can once again fan the flicker into the flame it was.

It was a hard time when I stopped journaling. We had just lost Elijah and I was dealing with a lot. Not struggling with my faith or with my relationship with the Father. As a matter of fact, that became increadibly strong. But you don't go through something like that without a tearing of the heart.

The Father was faithful to Aaron and Katie though. They were blessed just four months later with a new seed growing inside. Little Asher Michael Russell came into our lives October 30th, 2009. Not to take the place of Elijah, but a true restoring of what was lost by the Father. Our love for him consumes all of us. He is such a joyful little guy.

So now I'm committing to getting back into the swing of journaling my revelations and growths by the Holy Spirit. I'm excited to have the opportunity to once again put all the revelations on paper. It truely helps me make them concrete.

The Lord has been faithful even when I haven't. Time to run to the mercy seat and be healed again!!!

No comments: